Encapsulation is the action of enclosing something in or as if in a capsule.
Asbestos Roof Solutions have a long term relationship with our encapsulation system manufacturer Crommelin based in Perth, Western Australia.
The system was developed in conjunction with the C.S.I.R.O. back in 1990 and has been used successfully since that time.
The system consists of a primer.
Fibroseal® Primer is a waterborne penetrating treatment to weathered asbestos cement sheeting that soaks through the lichen and degraded asbestos down to sound base material, binding these unstable elements.
Then a Topcoat is applied.
Fibroseal® Topcoat is a waterborne high-build elastomeric roofing membrane. Fibroseal® Topcoat is applied to a weathered asbestos cement surface that has been pre-treated with Crommelin Fibroseal® Primer to provide a durable, decorative, lightfast protective coating. Active ingredients in Fibroseal® Topcoat also resist the growth of moss and lichen. When used together with Crommelin Fibroseal® Primer, the product forms part of the Crommelin Fibroseal® System, an accredited and proven encapsulation system used throughout Australia since 1990.
Encapsulation features & benefits
- Encapsulate asbestos cement sheet fibres.
- Avoid costly downtime associated with replacement of asbestos roofs.
- Achieve significant reduction in roof cavity temperatures resulting in savings in building cooling costs.
- Extend the service life of asbestos structures.
- Water borne.
- Provide a rejuvenated appearance in a range of decorative colours.
- Resist algae growth.
WARRANTIES FOR THE ENCAPSULATION PROCESS ARE AVAILABLE FOLLOWINGS QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCEDURES